- Paid Head Coaches at most levels.
- Select 9U-14U teams will have the opportunity to participate in the Eastern Junior Elite Prospects League (EJEPL). Team participation may be made on a case-by-case basis. This will be in addition to participation in the New Jersey Youth Hockey League (NJYHL). EJEPL schedules may start earlier than NJYHL schedules.
- For teams that participate in the EJEPL, the EJ showcases are in addition to the 2 tournaments covered by the club.
- Off season (May-July) ice sessions may be available based on availability of ice time. (i.e. camps/goalie clinics/optional team practices, etc.)
- 6U/8U teams will be USA Hockey ADM (American Development Model) compliant.
- 6U/8U teams will be on the ice 3-4 times per week.
- All 6U/8U teams play half ice games for the entire season and utilize a 3:1 practice/game ratio.
- As 6U/8U players will develop and grow significantly over the summer, Princeton Youth does not plan to assign individual teams until we enter the Mite Jamboree later in the fall. All 6U/8U players are re-evaluated over the first few weeks of practice.
- At the 15P, 16U and 18U levels, PYH field "short season" teams which play a condensed schedule due to high school hockey and academic considerations.
- PYH plans to have an Independent 8U Girls team that will play a small number of non-league girl’s games and participate in the MAWHA jamboree.
- There is no tryout, the 8U Independent Girls team will be open to all girls on a PYH 8U travel team.
- Both the 12U & 14U Girls team will be offered as a part-time option in order to allow the players to also play on full season co-ed teams.
- 10U (2013 & 2014 Birth Years) Girls are encouraged to tryout for the PYH 12U Girls team.
- PYH is not currently planning to field a 10U Girls team for the 2023-24 season.
Items Not Included in Registration:
- Game jerseys, shells (14U-18U only), helmet stickers, and socks must be purchased separately at time of registration through our website. All other team wear like warm-ups, bags, shells (6U-12U only), etc are available for purchase but are optional.
- USA Hockey Annual Membership. USA Hockey mandates that all players register directly and share their IMR (Individual Membership Registration) number once placed on a team.
Season Start and End Dates:
- 16U and 18U teams will start on or about Aug 1st and will end on around the first week of Nov and are subject to a slight extension of time into December if needed to accommodate the league schedule.
- 14U teams will start early-to-mid Aug and will end on the first or second weekend of March.
- 12U and 10U teams will start in mid-to-end of August and will end on the first or second weekend of March.
- 8U teams will start the week after Labor Day and will end on or about March 1st.
- Tiger Cub & Nassau House Hockey participants will register and begin in the fall after the Devils Learn to Play program has ended.
- Dates subject to team participation in state/district playoffs.